Welcome to My Blog!

Thanks for stopping by my new blog! Whether you were directed here from my website, www.danbursch.com, or from my Dan Bursch Facebook fan page, I'm glad you stopped by!

I'll be sharing thoughts with you - thoughts about space, human spaceflight, space education, etc., as well as speaking engagement updates and opportunities. I'll also be sharing details of the Naval Postgraduate School's Centennial, of which I have been named the Centennial Spokesperson. It's an exciting year for the school which has educated more NASA astronauts than any other graduate institution in the country!

I hope you enjoy what I have to say and I look forward to your comments.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Final Augustine Commission Report



The Review of United States Human Space Flight Plans Committee, also known as the Augustine Commission, released its final report.  It can be found by clicking here


In the next few days, I will read the report and post my comments here.  I invite all of you to do the same.  Our Nation’s Human Spaceflight Program is at a critical crossroad and understanding everything we can about the issue, including this report, is our obligation as Americans, no matter where our personal opinions fall.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan, great that you have this site. Your web page looks neat as well. After witnessing the 1-X launch,it looked to me that overall things went well for the first attempt at a new system. As long as all the sensor data shows no major anomalies, I think that pressing on with ARES seems the way to go. It all comes down to $$$, but it seems that the ARES 1 is more cost effective and quicker than trying to man-rate either the Delta or Atlas systems. I like the fact that SpaceX is on-board with their booster and Dragon program, but i would not want to put all my eggs in that basket either. Looking forward to your insight.....

    ReplyDelete